Production Operator III
Controls the operation of receiving treated material, board, controlling the press cure cycle, panel grading and plate changes, under direction of the Crewleader. Performs other tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates press to cure the material according to the press cycle specifications
- Evaluates the daily press schedule.
- Logs production information such as: material produced, type, size, run, control settings, etc.
- Ensures all material is present for the production process.
- Lays up and aligns the raw materials according to the production process.
- Handles the movement of stainless steel plates, and completed panels.
- Initiates corrective action if production operations are not to standard.
- Trains personnel on performance of tasks.
- Performs lock-out/tag-out procedures and preventative maintenance checks.
- Ensures employees are wearing protective equipment as required or when handling hazardous materials.
- Package finished materials according to standard procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Knowledge of the pressing manufacturing process and component materials utilized.
- Knowledge of the level of quality material must meet.
- Skill in operating a lift truck.
- Skill in establishing effective working relationships with other personnel.
- Ability to identify patterns and finishes.
- Ability to identify colors and shades.
- Ability to accurately record information on production schedules/logs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules and material assets.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a team member
- Ability to interpret dials, graphs, charts, etc.
- Ability to visually detect product imperfections and defects.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to learn new skills.
High School Graduate or GED
Experience in SHS, material handler and grading panels.
Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or
equipment of heavy weight 50 to100 lbs.
Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud
noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness.