Position: Lay-up (Production Helper)
Directs and controls the lay-up process at the assigned lay-up table under the direction of the department leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with the department leadership to determine the type of run to assemble.
- Evaluates the press run schedule for material and special lay-up needs.
- Obtains all needed lay-up material for the table from the pattern pullers.
- Vacuums or brushes off the table before the materials are assembled.
- Lays up the material according to the assigned lay-up schedule.
- Counts the patterns of each run delivered to the press.
- Monitors the quality, length and width of all material laid-up.
- Vacuums and covers the completed run.
- Trains the new team members in reading the schedules, identifying patterns, identifying defective materials and satisfying all the needs at the press.
- Completes all paperwork and computer functions required for each lay-ups.
- Participants in the Lean process.
- Determine the order in which assigned runs are to be laid up.
- Fill any material needs at the press.
- Insure oncoming shift is set-up for start-up without delay.
- Regular attendance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn the safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Ability to learn the material quality standards.
- Knowledge of computers, sufficient to enter data into the system.
- Ability to identify patterns and finishes.
- Ability to operate a lift truck.
- Ability to learn to operate a cut down table.
- Skilled in hand and eye coordination.
- Ability to use a tape measure.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Experience: 1 year of work experience, preferably in manufacturing
Physical requirements: Medium to Heavy Work – tasks involving pushing/pulling and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 25-75 pounds plus walking and standing during a minimum of a 10-hour shift.
Environment: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes and bright lights.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.