Sales Representative Metro - Atlanta
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service. In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
The Sales Representative promotes and sells Wilsonart products and marketing programs to a variety of buying and non-buying decision-makers including fabricators, OEM accounts, architects, designers and corporate specifiers. Assists Spec Reps in securing specifications from the professional design community by developing relationships within this community. Seek potential new customers and service all buying and non-buying accounts. Performs other tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure personal and team sales targets are met.
- Forecast sales and develop sales strategies and models.
- Create demand with Home Depot, Lowes, construction supply companies, fabricators and General Contractors within a designated territory.
- Identify and develop Accounts (Target/New) and Opportunities to generate sales growth.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with logistics and operations teams that allows for clear communications and productive engagements. Act as liaison between corporate initiatives and the field to ensure best practices.
- Document activities in the CRM to ensure best practices are recognized and employed regularly and to capture sales for Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces.
- Provide leadership, collaboration, knowledge & expertise to local customers and Metro Staff relative to Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces.
- Maintain knowledge of complete Wilsonart product line.
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments by attending sales meetings, industry events, training sessions and individual research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Track record of over-achieving sales quotas
- Experience working with a CRM and pipeline management
- Familiarity with different sales techniques
- Computer use proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of the decorative surfaces industry, Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces & products marketed through the local Metro Center
- Experience with sales and marketing principles, material handling, specification sales & channel sales
- Knowledge of industry standards applicable to the product and other pertinent rules/regulations governing material standards
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Residential cabinet layout, design and sales
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communication, Marketing or a closely related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience: 3+ years of proven field sales experience. Experience selling within the design or building products industry is a plus.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.