Business Development Specialist
Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces is a world leading manufacturing and distribution organization that is driven by a mission to create innovative, high performance surfaces people love, with world-class service our customers can count on, delivered by people all over the world who care.
Our company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding, and other engineered surface options for use in furniture, office and retail spaces, countertops, worktops and other applications.
For 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service. We do business in more than 90 countries, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Ralph Wilson® and Durcon® brands. We currently manufacture in two US locations, plus Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, China and Thailand. Today, Wilsonart manufactures and distributes high pressure laminates and other engineered surfacing materials and components used in furniture, office and retail space, countertops, worktops and other applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business Development Specialist is a great opportunity to launch your career with Wilsonart. The Business Development Specialist is responsible for prospecting and finding new buying accounts, managing existing accounts, advancing the sales process, closing new business, and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Business Development Specialist will identify new business potential and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and in person. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
Position is located in Dallas, Texas. Relocation assistance is available.
- Prospect for new accounts and business
- Own buying accounts and increase sales/share position
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing clients via telephone and email cross-sell and up-sell
- Identify decision makers within accounts/leads and execute the sales process
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base
- Call on prospects that are generated by external lead sources
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential buying & non-buying accounts
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with customer relationship management software (CRM) preferred.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; 1yr experience may substitute for 1yr of degree.
1+ years of internship or work experience in sales, data analysis, marketing, customer service or related field.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.