Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service. In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.The Process Engineer will develop and improve manufacturing and equipment processes by studying products and manufacturing systems and methods. Additionally this role will implement appropriate countermeasures with focus on yield and productivity.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate existing processes utilizing tools such as Process Mapping, PSP, SIPOC, and FMEA, to identify and prioritize root cause issues.
- Develop improvement/correction plans for identified root causes
- Work collaboratively with Electrical/Mechanical/Project engineering colleagues in analyzing new and existing process equipment to optimize for safety, quality, efficacy and efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with Electrical/Mechanical/Project engineering colleagues as well as other stakeholders to resolve customer quality related to manufacturing processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze and plan work flow, space requirements, equipment layouts, working with QC and other stakeholders to design/develop test methods for finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Stay abreast of current developments in the fields related to our current process and identify improvement/upgrade opportunities that will improve the business.
- Participate in ongoing efforts to organize and maintain technical reference materials, and support information.
- Plan and manage approved projects to successful completion to include vendor quotations, budgeting, preparation of capital project appropriations requests (CPAR), procurement, engineering design, and management of human and capital resources.
- Participate in activities to support Wilsonart’s strategic Sustainability and Lean initiatives.
- Experience in identifying improvement opportunities, evaluating alternative solutions, and justifying the capital required to implement the optimal solution.
- Experience in working as a team member in cross functional groups representing varying perspectives
- Experience in Lean Mfg. principles, systematic problem solving tools, single piece flow, etc.
- Experience with machine or process layout.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or similar system with a willingness to adapt to an AutoCAD platform.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and analytical form.
- Self- motivated and willing to seek out opportunities for improvement within the framework of overall strategic goals.
- Lead by example as creative and highly innovative self-starter with a demonstrated ability to master the details of manufacturing processes and plant operations.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to develop productive and beneficial business relationships with internal and external individuals/groups.
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or closely related field
Experience: 5+ years of engineering experience in an industrial setting with emphasis on process engineering. Registration as a Texas Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain same a plus.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.