Operations Manager - Orlando
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500.
Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service.
In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr- inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and maintain proper inventory levels for all products using automated computer system devices
- Manage supervisory personnel.
- Oversee and mange company customer service and operating metrics.
- Oversee and manage the company warehouse safety program. Ensure that the warehouse receives passing grades on all safety inspections & audits. Ensure all employees are completing monthly safety trainings.
- Train personnel as necessary.
- Negotiate common carrier freight rates.
- Oversee performance of basic human resource functions.
- Oversee customer order entry, billing and Accounts Receivables.
- Plan the work assignments.
- Oversee scheduling of customer orders via established routes & company delivery vehicles.
- Assist the needs of the customer.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer pricing records within INFOR.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations, safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules governing work standards.
- Knowledge of inventory systems and product inventoried.
- Knowledge of warehousing and transportation functions.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms
- Bachelor Degree Required or equivalent combination of education and experience; 1yr experience may substitute for 1yr of degree
- 4+ years
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting in the same location of standing/walking; required to stoop, climb or lift light material (10-20lbs) or equipment.
ENVIRONMENT: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature extremes, loud noises and bright lights. Examples: mail clerks, material handlers and food service workers
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.