This position will serve as a key liaison between our business users who can translate business needs into useful data. This individual is responsible technical development as well as the short-term scope for BI reporting platform. This person must have strong technical and functional skills and the ability to communicate well to the cross functional teams.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently with users to define BI concepts, information needs and defining functional requirements, specifications and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Lead and perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment.
- Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends as needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by organization.
- Ensure high levels of Business Intelligence system availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Design, develop, and maintenance of Business Intelligence software and systems, including integration with databases and ERP systems.
- Responsible for the efficient, compliant, timely, secure acquisition, integration, provision, and exchange of the enterprise data.
- Help define the overall data warehouse architecture (e.g., ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts)
- Work with external vendors and internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate data warehouse development solutions.
- Monitor and administer automated and manual data integration and ETL jobs to verify execution and measure performance; Build reports to audit, monitor & validate data warehouse jobs
- Tasks as assigned
Required Education, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in developing data warehousing systems for enterprises
- Experience in developing Business Intelligence environment based on OLAP and OTLP frameworks
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with the semantic layer of any one Business Intelligence tools OBIEE, Tableau, Cognos, SAP BW, Business Objects etc.
- Preferred to have Tableau development skills in addition to Oracle BI suite of products
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with the ETL development. Expertise in any one tool is required. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Informatica, Datastage.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with developing programs using SQL.
- Ability to resolve data related issues including complex data modeling challenges
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge in Hyperion suite of products (HFM, Hyperion Planning, Essbase)
- Familiarity with development or implementing FDMEE, Hyperion Close Management, BPM Workflow, DRM,SPSS or SAS
- Exposure to any one ERP (SAP Oracle) data structures and functional knowledge of any given process domain.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodology, a plus.
- Any software language like .Net, Java, VB
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.