Pay Range: $18.58/hr to $23.04 (depending on experience)
Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company.
At Wilsonart, we invest to help ensure you remain healthy:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Company provided short and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Daycare Spending Account
- Optional Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Legal
- Gym Membership Discounts and Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Employees and their Dependents
- Wellness Clinics – On Site (Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC locations)
- At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
- Educational reimbursement for you and your dependents.
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide:
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- PTO Pay
Apply now and join our team today!
Position: Switcher / Material Handler III
Loads, unloads all packages and materials for assigned department. Drives a truck for the assigned department. Performs other tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads trucks, railway cars, etc.
- Moves material within a storage facility to and from the loading area using a forklift truck, hoist, motorized conveyor or other material handling equipment.
- Sorts and distributes material to various areas following work order instructions and assisting the finished goods run runner
- Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved and handled.
- Deliver all mail and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ships all skids, cartons, etc. between the plant and distribution center that is needed for shipments in a timely manner.
- Refuels vehicle and conducts safety inspections.
- Drives a truck, tractor trailer equipment for the assigned department to move material
- Must be able to safely operate a commercial vehicle and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License, HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements.
- Must work all physical inventories.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Knowledge of receiving procedures
- Knowledge of truck hauling operations procedures.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste materials and safe handling procedures.
- Knowledge of mathematics to add and subtract.
- Skill in driving large cargo and lift trucks
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Experience: Class A CDL, 1+ years of Shipping experience and 1 year of Class A driving experience and a clean driving record. (Have or be able to obtain HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements within 90 days)
Physical requirements: Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight (>50 lbs) Examples: grounds staff and EMS
Environment: Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness. Examples: engineering, waste management, laundry workers and yards/grounds staff
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.