Inside Sales Manager
Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces is a world leading manufacturing and distribution organization that is driven by a mission to create innovative, high performance surfaces people love, with world-class service our customers can count on, delivered by people all over the world who care.
Our company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding, and other engineered surface options for use in furniture, office and retail spaces, countertops, worktops and other applications.
For 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service. We do business in more than 90 countries, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Ralph Wilson® and Durcon® brands. We currently manufacture in two US locations, plus Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, China and Thailand. Today, Wilsonart manufactures and distributes high pressure laminates and other engineered surfacing materials and components used in furniture, office and retail space, countertops, worktops and other applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Inside Sales Management is all about managing, inspiring and motivating our employees. Beyond day-to-day people management, the Inside Sales Manager also shapes, executes and communicates specific sales strategies. You will build, guide and manage a team responsible for building and developing business relationships with customers, directing their efforts to drive growth and achieve strategic and operational objectives. The Inside Sales Team will be responsible for managing existing accounts, generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas.
- Build a world class Inside Sales & Specification Team and define processes and metrics to ensure success
- Identify & implement the technology infrastructure needed to win
- Manage the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and powerful workforce
- Train, develop and mentor team members on products and selling techniques
- Support career development/planning, performance and pay discussions with team members
- Be accountable for the day-to-day operations of an area managing processes, programs and initiatives
- Drive outstanding customer experience by delivering solutions tailored to customer needs while ensuring the removal of barriers and driving strategic alignment in the group
- First-hand experience in a manager or leading role
- Experience with customer relationship management software.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and mentor sales professionals
- Strong communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Results oriented, great teammate and a self-starter who is highly motivated to support others to succeed Desirable Requirements
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills.
- Ability to analyze data to drive achievement of metrics
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or closely related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted in place of degree.
2+ years’ experience leading an inside sales team with at least 5 years’ experience in an inside or outside sales role. Experience in hard surface sales is a plus, or the building materials industry.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.