Process Control Technician
Wilsonart in Temple, Texas currently has an opening for a Process Control Technician.
This individual will perform tests and inspects products according to prescribed standards at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. Performs other tasks as required. This is a rotating shift position.
Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company.
At Wilsonart, we invest to help ensure you remain healthy:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Company provided short and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Daycare Spending Account
- Optional Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Legal
- Gym Membership Discounts and Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Employees and their Dependents
- Wellness Clinics – On Site (Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC locations)
- At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
- Educational reimbursement for you and your dependents.
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide:
- Holiday Pay
- Accrued Paid Vacation upon hire
- Paid Time Off during first year of hire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exchange needed information and operations status with oncoming shift
- Review notes concerning previous shift activities
- Make press rounds and daily checks at the presses as required
- Perform evaluation tests on material as required
- Make daily checks at the sanders and obtain needed samples
- Obtain test sheets and evaluate for production use
- Perform checks on incoming resins
- Perform extensive testing on material - hot water, blister, and forming tests and document
- Troubleshoot problems throughout the facility when called upon by manufacturing areas
- Research and isolate defective raw materials
- Maintain and keep accurate up-to-date records and documentation
- Set and maintain press cycle settings, parameters, and cycle times
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ISO-4586 and ISO-9000 quality standards applicable to the manufacturing
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and safe handling procedures.
- Knowledge of the product types, finishes, patterns, and application.
- Basic knowledge of the process in the various areas throughout the facility.
- Ability to make decisions and perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize word processors, spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of testing equipment used in laboratories.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to visually compare patterns and pass the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue test.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process.
- Ability to type sufficient to meet the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to carry out tasks completely, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of mathematics to perform advanced computations and prepare statistical reports.
High School Graduate or GED
Thirty semester hours of college with a concentration in Science or a closely related field, plus two years of related experience. Experience may substitute for the required education. A basic understanding of the raw materials used in the manufacturing process.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Medium work - Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 20 to 50 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.