Paramedic - Part Time
This job entails the ability to assess and serve the well being of employees by assisting with their medical needs, both personal and work-related, and helping to promote the health and wellness program while maintaining Wellness Center compliance. This includes, but is not limited to drug and alcohol collections, emergency first-aid, hearing and pulmonary function tests, preventative care, case management, and other tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will service medical needs in the following ways:
- Provide evaluation of injured workers and perform minor injury care when appropriate for employee and contractor employees according to plant nursing protocols.
- Provide support for the on-site occupational health and wellness programs.
- Provide worker training as requested on medical topics of interest.
- Provide support to corporate level programs as requested by plant management and assist in coordination and performance of the medical surveillance program.
- Perform and manage biological sample collections (urine and blood) according to specific programs.
- Perform spirometry and audiometry testing.
- Perform medical documentation in paper and an electronic medical record.
- Perform and record patient assessments: vital signs, height, weight, BMI, visual acuity, pulmonary function, and hearing tests, CLIA waive testing: biometric, urine, strep, flu, glucose testing.
- OTC medication recommendations, education.
- Respond to medical emergencies and assist with medical care.
- Act as liaison between company and external health care providers in managing injuries and occupational health concerns for the company.
- Participate in assessing reasonable accommodations under ADA or ergonomic interventions.
- Monitor supplies and assist with ordering.
- Assist in chronic disease management and education.
This position will provide Wellness Center compliance in the following ways:
- Maintain: HIPAA compliance and training and medical record integrity, utilizing both paper and electronic medical records.
- Maintain dashboard data to include, personal visits and injury logs.
- Monitor, perform, and manage OSHA health standards: Hearing conservation program, respiratory program, DOT maintenance and random testing.
- Complete all competencies as required: CPR, HIPAA, Bloodborne Pathogen, DOT collections, PFT, COHC, CLIA-Waived testing: fingerstick glucose, Urine Dipstick, Flu and strep swabs, lipid panels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have the knowledge of the following:
- safety standards applicable to the Wellness Center and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- the manufacturing facility and the operation processes through the facility.
- computers sufficient to utilize word processors, spreadsheets and databases.
- CPR sufficient to teach and administer.
- OSHA regulations and maintenance of OSHA 300 log.
Must have the ability to:
- work well independently and with diverse teams to achieve excellence in wellness, safety and health outcomes in a demanding workplace.
- maintain employee/patient confidentiality.
- communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with sensitivity to cultural diversity in both oral and written form.
- work independently and in a team environment.
- follow all department and company safety guidelines.
- attend and pass a NIOSH approved pulmonary function course and CAOHC course.
Fund of knowledge required to provide high quality nursing or paramedic assessment and care of injuries and illnesses as per occupational health protocols.
Certification in hearing conservation, spirometry, DOT and company urine drug screen collection, and breath alcohol testing preferred (training available)Degree of competence in core areas of occupational health: Occupational Health regulations (OSHA) and ADA compliance, occupational injury and illness management, drug and alcohol programs, medical surveillance, fitness for duty
Education: Certified Occupational Health Nurse Preferred. Licensed Register Nurse or Paramedic eligible to work in the state of Texas
Experience: At least 4 years’ experience in occupational health nursing or in an emergency medicine setting or demonstration of equivalent experience as a paramedic
Physical Requirements: Continuously stand/walk or lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight (20-50lbs) Examples: Nurses, LVNs and physical therapists
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.