Training and Development Manager - Manufacturing
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service. In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
Manufacturing Training & Development Manager
The Manufacturing Training & Development Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of training operations within Wilsonart’s Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC Manufacturing locations. Combining broad experience facilitating employee development with a “hands-on” approach to content development, this individual will play a critical role in defining the training strategy for Wilsonart Manufacturing.
An innovative teacher/mentor, the successful candidate will conduct a baseline assessment of current training programs, develop a framework for tracking and integrating existing learning systems, and help develop a strategy to strengthen our position as an employer of choice in this highly competitive labor market. Providing robust training during the on-boarding period, having clear development milestones as employees progress in their careers, and deploying rigorous competency verification practices, are just some of the initiatives the successful candidate will be working on.
- Champion a continuous learning environment for Company’s manufacturing operations. Ensure Operational Excellence principals are infused into training curriculum.
- Lead and provide oversite regarding the development of employees in Manufacturing, Distribution, and related support functions.
- Conduct research to identify individual, group, departmental and organizational development opportunities
- Consult with business leaders to identify, define performance and development needs and solutions to meet business needs
- Design technical, leadership and Lean manufacturing training curriculums to align to business needs in parallel with overall company strategy
- Provide internal consulting and coaching services.
- Support domestic manufacturing management teams in the employee development planning process.
- Work with management teams to establish goals and expectations for employee development processes. Collaborate with peers in international locations to ensure consistency and share best practices.
- Lead the consistent strategic growth and operations of all global manufacturing training centers. Manage, coach, motivate and provide direction to teams Use various learning methodologies and technologies effectively to meet the organization and learner’s outcome needs
- Manage the measurement and analysis of training programs and initiatives to measure the application, transfer and impact of learning solutions from the training environment to the job is in line with company goals
- Conduct diagnostic assessments as needed
- Assist in the facilitating and supporting the integration of change into organizational culture
- Prepare and manage training budget
- Work with external training vendors as needed and manage partnerships to deliver quality training solutions
- Develop and mature an integrated Learning Management System, initially specific to Manufacturing.
- Manages the research of best practices and benchmarks best in class organizations to keep the plant appropriately forward facing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in Training & Development, Organizational Development or Human Resources Development preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of management training experience preferably in manufacturing organization with experience in designing, planning and implementing training programs
- Strategic Planning
- Training instructional design
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and principles
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.