Last reviewed: 2/18/16
Characteristics of the Class:
Directs and controls the lay-up process at the assigned lay-up table under direction of the department Foreman.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicates with the department Foreman to determine the type of run to assemble.
2. Evaluates the run press schedule for material and special lay-up needs.
3. Obtains all needed lay-up material for the table from the pattern pullers.
4. Vacuums or brushes off the table before the materials are assembled.
5. Lays up the material according to the assigned lay-up schedule.
6. Counts the patterns of each run delivered to the press.
7. Monitors the quality, length, and width of all material laid-up.
8. Vacuums and covers the completed run.
9. Trains the new lay-up team members in reading the schedules, identifying patterns, identifying defective material and satisfying all the needs at the press.
10. Completes all paperwork and computer functions required for each lay-up.
11. Participates in the Lean process.
12. Determine the order in which assigned runs are to be laid up.
13. Fill any material needs at the press
14. Insure oncoming shift is set-up for start-up without delay.
15. Regular Attendance Required.
Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
High School Graduate or GED
1 year of work experience, preferably in a manufacturing/industrial setting.
Heavy work – tasks involving pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 25-75 pounds plus walking and standing during a minimum of a 10-hour shift
Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness. Examples: engineering, waste mgt, laundry workers and yards/grounds staff
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.