Team Lead, II
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service. In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hardworking, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
Team Lead II
Wilsonart, Temple, Texas has an immediate opening for a Team Lead II. The Team Leader II provides leadership to the department to ensure that production schedules and customer commitments are met. He/she is a highly competent leader who has demonstrated the hands-on skill and experience in the department they oversee. The liaison between the crew and management, interfacing with internal and external customers as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translates and/or determines goals & priorities for shift/crew.
- Resolves problems and advises management, seeking assistance for complex problems.
- Assists supervisor with production flow and staffing schedules.
- Monitor and evaluate training, making adjustments where needed. Responsible for ensuring crews are properly trained and critical positions have back-ups.
- Is a role model for leadership, attendance, safety practices and Wilsonart’s behaviors.
- Responsible for actively participating in safety efforts that achieve/exceed SRP audit scores.
- Is respectful and professional in communicating with others, providing clear, concise information and/or feedback in a timely manner.
- Effectively facilitates shift/crew team meetings (safety, lean, etc.)
- Make efforts to reduce process problems and improve the efficiencies of people.
- Maintain quality control processes to ensure products/services meet standards.
- Works closely with departments that supply needed materials to maintain minimal downtime.
- Assists the supervisor in all aspects of maintaining an efficient, low cost, total quality and productive operation.
- Provides feedback and input on performance reviews to Supervisor.
- Responsible for documenting employee performance, making sure concerns and behaviors are addressed in a timely manner with supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the department and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Knowledge of computers to proficiently update and maintain department documents, spreadsheets, databases and Oracle WIP transactions.
- Knowledge of product types and the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of quality standards.
- Ability to support leadership with decision making
- Exceptional skills in verbal and written communication, including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing the work of self and others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to operate machinery in a safe and comfortable manner.
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices.
High School Graduate or GED, Prefer Associate Degree or advanced learning.
Must have 1 year of prior leadership experience and demonstrating excellent leadership behaviors.
Heavy Work - Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 50 to 100 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.