Production Associate, 3rd shift
Production Associate, 3rd Shift
Sunday night - Thursday night,
8 hour shifts (12 am - 8am)
Pay rate $17.50 - $19.44 plus shift premium
Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we are going as a company.
At Wilsonart, we invest to help ensure you remain healthy:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Company provided short and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Daycare Spending Account
- Optional Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Legal
- Gym Membership Discounts and Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Employees and their Dependents
- Wellness Clinics – On Site (Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC locations)
- At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
- Educational reimbursement for you and your dependents.
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide the following paid time off during the first year of hire:
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- PTO Pay
Apply now and join our team today!
Operates the plate lift, separates pressed laminate, and stacks the material. Lays up the treated decorative and core material under direction of the Back-Up Operator/Press Operator/Foreman
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieves and positions tables of material to be laid up for the production process
- Inspects material, plates and completed laminate
- Lays up the material and lays off the completed laminate according to the production process
- Operates console in break-out area
- Handles the movement of stainless steel plates, carrier plates, thermal wire and completed laminate.
- Identify the plate finishes
- Initiates corrective action if production operations are not up to standards
- Logs production information (material produced, type, size, run, control settings, etc.)
- Moves the pressed material to the Sanding department with table lift.
- Performs lock-out/tag-out procedures and preventative maintenance checks
- Participates in the Wilsonart Continuous Improvement system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics sufficient to add and subtract.
- Skilled in hand and eye coordination.
- Skilled in operating a lift truck.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to identify patterns and finishes.
- Ability to visually detect product imperfections and defects.
- Ability to monitor machine operations.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Experience: One year of work experience
Physical requirements: Heavy work – Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 50 to 100 pounds.
Environment: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes and bright lights.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.