Inside Sales/Business Development (Laminart & Arborite)
Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces is a world leading manufacturing and distribution organization that is driven by a mission to create innovative, high performance surfaces people love, with world-class service our customers can count on, delivered by people all over the world who care.
Our company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding, and other engineered surface options for use in furniture, office and retail spaces, countertops, worktops and other applications.
For 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service. We do business in more than 90 countries, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Ralph Wilson® and Durcon® brands. We currently manufacture in two US locations, plus Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, China and Thailand. Today, Wilsonart manufactures and distributes high pressure laminates and other engineered surfacing materials and components used in furniture, office and retail space, countertops, worktops and other applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Inside Sales/Business Development Representative is responsible for using lead resources to generate leads, qualify leads, and advance opportunities along the sales process, driving to a closed opportunity or a transition to outside spec team. The role will use company-provided resources to create targeted lists, identify potential new customers, and reach business targets through telephone, email, and web conference. This employee will also be responsible for researching and following up on inbound specification prospects. This includes prospects who have reached out to the company, or have ordered a sample. The role will qualify the prospect and either close the opportunity or hand the lead over to the specification sales team to close. The employee will also support digital marketing campaigns as needed.
- Use digital resources to create targeted customer lists
- Conduct internet research on prospects and potential markets
- Make outbound phone calls to prospects to build their interest in company’s products
- Professional communication with prospects via email and web chat to build interest in company’s products
- Identify decision makers within accounts/leads and execute the sales process
- Qualify inbound prospect calls and either close the opportunity or hand over to specification sales team to close
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential buying & non-buying accounts
- Expand the company’s database of prospects
- Enter new customer data in the corporate database
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Set up and deliver virtual sales presentations and product overviews
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Collaborate with the marketing team on digital marketing campaigns
- Learn product attributes, design strategy, and sales strategy for Arborite, Laminart, and KML brands
- Attend periodic sales training
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Excellent listening skills
- Experience with data research and analysis a plus
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software experience preferred
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, call planning, time management, and lead conversion
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers
- Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, or a similar field is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
2+ years of direct work experience in data analysis, inside sales or marketing.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.