Human Resource Information Services Manager
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world-leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service.
In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
The Human Resources Information Services Manager will report to the Director, Human Resources and Talent Management and will support and maintain specialized and internal HR systems, services, and applications used in organizations with customized or specialized needsPrimary Responsibilities
- Oversees and maintains the optimal function of the organization’s internal HR information services systems, which may include database management, network support, installation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrades to applications, systems, and modules
- Oversees and maintains internal database files, tables, codes, backup files, integrity, and security
- Installs, implements, modifies, and upgrades software and applications to meet changing business and technology.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HR employees.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and HR staff to identify needed improvements and enhancements to existing information services and databases; recommends and implements solutions.
- Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HR services users.
- Programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports.
- Compiles or assists with the acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs requested by senior executives and HR staff.
- Serves as a lead representative and liaison between HR, Information Services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HR database design and implementation projects.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology, and HRIS applications.
- Oversees the procurement of appropriate hardware and software to ensure that the organization has high-quality, efficient systems.
- Facilitates migration to a unified HRIS if required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with human resource policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to keep the information confidential.
- Thorough understanding of database construction.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Human Resource Management required.
- At least five years of database management or related experience required with at least one year in a supervisory position.
- Experience with Workday is a must.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.