We are currently seeking a Brand Manager to join our Temple, TX Marketing and Design team.
The Brand Manager’s responsibility is to be the marketing expert on their area of responsibility (e.g.: laminate, quartz, residential, etc.). The role is ultimately accountable for all marketing activities, overseeing the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy. Leading annual marketing plan & marcomm pipeline strategy, ideation, qualification, and development. Driving continuous marketing portfolio transformation through demand creation, space/trend identification, new brand development and segment diversification. The position will be responsible for delivering associated annual revenue and EBITDA targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Mission critical role to achieving the company’s volume and profit growth targets
- Requires extensive interactions, to include influencing and building partnerships, with senior leadership, marketing, sales leadership and customers
- Development and implementation of the brand marketing strategy
- Developing the marketing strategy for new and existing products
- Direct creation and publication of all marketing materials in line with marketing plans
- Manage and improve demand creation, lead generation, & measuring results
- Creation and implementation of marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and website
- Working closely with the company’s product management and sales teams; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Guiding the day-to-day activities of their direct reports
- Ensure that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team and adopted by field as planned
- Work closely with product management team to define marketing materials, programs, and quarterly/annual marketing plans
- Translate technical details into benefits for the user
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organization
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Control budgets and allocate resources among projects
- Build stronger relationships with customers through engaging marketing campaigns and trade associations and events
Scope and Impact:
- Set strategic direction and ensure execution for quarterly and annual marketing plan
- Develop marketing strategies in line with corporate goals, designed to grow sustainable revenue, market share, margin and profitability
- Develop, evolve, and refine market positioning
- Build strategies based upon thoughtful consumer insights, thorough competitive and market analysis and a deep understanding of market
- Share, learn and coach cross-functional teams on details of marketing initiatives
Research & Analysis:
- Test critical assumptions around positioning, messaging, merchandising, and all marketing tools
- Continuous refinement based on research and analysis of results found in market
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers (internal and external)
- Analyze, recommend and lead marketing strategies relevant to the company’s commercial success
- Lead the analysis protocol – business case development, simulated test market, concept testing and tracking mechanisms
Communication Management (Internal & External Stakeholders):
- Lead cross-functional projects across a number of parts of the business, including product management, IT, innovation, sales, media, revenue management, customers, and third-party agencies
- Communicate and influence senior management, product management and sales regarding marketing strategies, plans and programs
- Manage and develop a high performance team, and will direct internal and external resources throughout the value chain to deliver objectives
- Coordinates and collaborates with product management, sales, engineering and manufacturing teams
- Attracts, leads, manages, coaches and mentors employees in such a way to ensure retention, development, and superior performance of the entire team
- Develops deep understanding of channel and customer drivers to include marketing insights and customer experience
- Acts as a liaison between marketing and product management and sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong leadership orientation with a high work ethic and energy level.
- High comfort with working in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic marketing programs and supporting tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior project management skills, ability to multi-task and work on tight timelines
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business environment and concepts and express them clearly
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes
- Financial acumen that will enable results-driven marketing activities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field, equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- 4+ years of experience in the building products/industry or consumer packaged goods industry with a focus on quarterly and annual marketing planning
- Experience effectively working in a highly matrixed organization
- 5+ years of experience in marketing management preferred
- Master’s degree or MBA in marketing or business preferred
- Familiarity with the building industry and products preferred
Financial acumen required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
Ability to travel occasionally domestically and internationally
(Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.)
(Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.)
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.