Sales Representative Region - Seattle/Portland
The Sales Representative for the Region is responsible for promoting and selling Wilsonart products and marketing programs to a variety of buying and non-buying decision-makers including Independent Distributor principals and their staff, customers, OEM accounts sold on a direct basis, architects, designers, home-builders, kitchen dealers and corporate specifiers. This role will also assist Specification Representatives in securing specifications from the professional design community by developing relationships within this community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create demand through Independent Distributors and their customers, OEMs and non-buying specification community (i.e. A&D, K&B, GC’s, Builders, etc.).
- Forecast and develop sales strategies & Business Plans relative to I.D. and OEM customers.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure individual and Regional Sales Plans & Objectives are met on an annual basis.
- Identify and develop Accounts (Target/New) and Opportunities to generate sales growth.
- Provide leadership, collaboration, knowledge & expertise to I.D. & Wilsonart Warehouse Teams relative to Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the Wilsonart Organization that allows for clear communications and productive collaboration. Act as liaison between corporate initiatives and the field to ensure best practices and sales growth are realized.
- Document activities in the CRM (Fusion) to ensure best practices are recognized and employed regularly and to capture sales for Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces.
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments and the competition by attending sales meetings, industry events, training sessions and individual research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Track record of over-achieving sales quotas
- Strong communication, negotiation, facilitation & interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a CRM and pipeline management
- Computer use proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of the decorative surfaces industry & Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces
- Experience with sales and marketing principles, material handling, specification sales & channel sales
- Knowledge of industry standards applicable to the product and other pertinent rules/regulations governing material standards
- Strong presentation and closing skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to travel
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communication, Marketing or a closely related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience: 5+ years of proven field sales experience. Experience selling within the design or building products industry is a plus.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.