ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs total productive maintenance (autonomous, predictive, preventive and corrective) of all facility equipment.
- Assists with diagnosis of problems and makes corrective breakdown repairs to machinery as necessary.
- Performs mechanical skill operations such as fabrication, disassembly-assembly of complex equipment, measuring, cutting, burning, welding and pipefitting.
- Repairs, aligns and/or replaces plant machinery.
- Reads, understands and applies mechanical and structural blueprints, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams and circuitry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of mechanical maintenance experience in the area of industrial maintenance, welding or a closely related field. Thirty semester hours of college may substitute for one year of required experience with a maximum substitution of two years. Certification in mechanical maintenance or a closely related field from an accredited trade school may also substitute for the required experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules and regulations governing the work activities.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste materials and safe handling procedures. Knowledge of standard mechanical procedures necessary to repair and maintain equipment (hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of Boilers and Steam Systems.
- Knowledge of parts, supplies and components required for mechanical maintenance.
- Skill in the safe and proper use of both hand and power tools.
- Ability to use welders. Ability to use a cutting torch and plasma cutter.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematic diagrams (Hydraulic & Pneumatic) and equipment manuals.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to maintain and clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to learn and utilize lower level computer programs (EXCEL, WORD, FAMIS)
Heavy work – tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 50 to 100 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.