Specification Sales Representative - Chicago Home Based
This position will promote and sell Laminart products and marketing programs to a variety of buying and non-buying decision-makers including OEM manufacturers, design/build firms, architects, designers, and corporate specifiers. This position will also secure specifications from the professional design community by developing relationships within this community that broadens their understanding of our ability to satisfy a variety of their needs.
Territory Includes: The territory is Chicago, Michigan, and Indiana. Ideally candidate should reside in the Chicago area.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THE JOB
- The candidate’s sales disposition should include the ability to retain focus in the face of obstacles, be continually driven toward success, and maintain a positive, disciplined and creative approach while engaging people to develop relationships.
- The ability to build trusting relationships by connecting with people, allowing them to meet their objectives that are consistent with the sales objective, while reinforcing their self worth in a trusting way.
- The ability to guide the sales opportunity by interpreting information, clarifying needs, and presenting a value proposition that is competitive and balances the needs of both parties.
- Result Driven by establishing measurable goals, targeting opportunities and remaining focused and self-disciplined.
- The ability to add customer equity by becoming a business advisor to the customer, helping to make them successful, by understanding all aspects of their business.
- The use of appropriate communication styles to gain acceptance of a product, service or idea. The sales ability to persuade and ultimately gain a commitment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Administration or a closely related field, plus five years of field selling experience. One additional year of experience may substitute for one year of required education with a maximum substitution of four years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the complete product line and its marketing performance.
- Experience with marketing, sales and specification principles.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written formats with all levels of our organization and our customers.
- Ability to sell products and concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to make professional public presentations.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.