QA Software Engineer
Who we are:
WhiteHat Security has been protecting applications for over 15 years. The WhiteHat Application Security Platform bridges the gap between our customers’ security and development teams allowing them to deliver secure applications at the speed of digital business. This innovative platform is one of the reasons why WhiteHat has won numerous awards and been recognized by Gartner as a Leader in application security testing four times in row.
At WhiteHat, we believe in a world where everyone lives a safe digital life, and securing applications puts us all one step closer to this reality.
What we're looking for:
You're a curious person and have great attention to detail. You have a love of QA, including the compulsion to test everything from the mundane to the extraordinary, and you’re excited by the idea of having a career working in the security space. You’ve worked in other software development environments and are eager to increase your knowledge by learning new, and cutting-edge technologies. You thrive in a busy environment; are confident, methodical, not afraid to ask questions and aren’t afraid to point out existing process deficiencies. You can't wait to learn new technologies so you can better streamline your job functions. You're willing to improve any shortcomings, research new ways of doing business, and are an excellent communicator.
What you'll be doing:
- Working side-by-side with the QA Automation engineering team, helping to ensure the code quality of all of the WhiteHat product lines by performing manual and automated testing of web applications
- Assisting the Automation team with tasks, running and repairing automation and helping to build our ever-expanding suite of automation jobs
- Learning new technologies in virtualization (Docker, Vagrant), in a continuous delivery environment
- Performing acceptance, regression, usability and exploratory testing
What we value:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical, hands-on QA role
- In-depth understanding of QA processes in general and those in an Agile setting in particular
- Solid proficiency with Linux command line scripting and proficiency with at least one scripting language such as: Java, Python, or Perl (Python preferred)
- Solid proficiency in manual testing of web applications
- Proficiency in acceptance, regression, and usability testing
- Proficiency in black-box, grey-box, white-box, and exploratory testing
- Experience with automated testing of web applications
- Solid, working knowledge of defect tracking systems such as JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one of the Web automation frameworks (preferably Selenium Webdriver and Robot Framework)
- Excellent troubleshooting, defect reporting, and communication skills are required
- Experience with Docker and Ansible is a plus
- Experience testing APIs or Web Services (automated API or Web Services testing is a plus)
- Experience creating test cases based on design documentation (knowledge of TestLink is a plus)
- Good understanding of HTML, HTTP/S, XML
- Must be a team player and possess a desire for building consensus
- Experience with continuous integration is a plus
- Experience with writing XUnit tests is a plus
- BA/BS Degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience with version control software (preferably GIT)
- Knowledge of Programming/Coding Concepts
WhiteHat Security is an E-Verify employer and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.