Enjoy fixing defects? Tired of building variants of the same application over and over? WhiteHat Security is looking for self-motivated and experienced Associate Software Engineer, to join our team as we build our newest applications and security tools. You will be working closely with developers, data scientists, threat researchers, and product managers to interpret requirements and deliver a Quality software solution that will address ever-evolving Application Security needs.
Who we are:
Helping to secure the Web is a privilege, a responsibility given to only the most passionate, trustworthy, and experienced security professionals on the planet. From the largest Fortune listed corporations to nonprofit organizations, to schools, and far beyond, WhiteHat helps protect them every single day. We protect these organizations by identifying vulnerabilities in their websites and applications that the bad guys could exploit causing harm that could result in loss of revenue and/or reputation. We transform the way organizations master vulnerability management--offering the only solution that combines advanced cloud security technology and the world’s largest force of Web security experts.
Why Work for WhiteHat Security? To be part of the “Frontline of Application Security”. To protect the Web so it remains open and accessible to all.
What we’re looking for:
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on the highest priority issues (defects and enhancements) raised by WhiteHat customers.
- Implementing features and fixing defects in the web UI, application and scanner engine.
- Designing and implementing backend components for the Sentinel web application.
- Enhancing and fixing defects in the REST APIs for the Sentinel application.
What we value:
- BS (MS Preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience as a software developer with demonstrated success in a fast-paced development environment.
- Must have strong proficiency in one or more programming language such as Java, Go.
- Should have some experience in Perl based development (or be willing to learn).
- Experience building web applications using Python, Perl or similar language is strongly desired.
- Must have solid algorithm development and analysis skills in OOD/OOP paradigms
- Experience using SQL and RDMS (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Experience with development on Linux or another Unix variant
WhiteHat Security is an E-Verify employer and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.