Backend Software Engineer
WhiteHat Security has been protecting applications for over 15 years. The WhiteHat Application Security Platform bridges the gap between our customers’ security and development teams allowing them to deliver secure applications at the speed of digital business. This innovative platform is one of the reasons why WhiteHat has won numerous awards and been recognized by Gartner as a Leader in application security testing four times in row. At WhiteHat, we believe in a world where everyone lives a safe digital life, and securing applications puts us all one step closer to this reality.
Your primary role on WhiteHat’s SAST Engine Team will be developing, enhancing and maintaining the core engine that performs static analysis for applications in the context of security testing. As a member of WhiteHat’s Engineering team you will be an integral part of a company that’s an industry leader in its field.
- Help extend and improve existing language support of core engine.
- Continuously search for bottlenecks and help deliver related engine performance improvements, where needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve various aspects related to core engine, including:
- Library management and related dependency management frameworks
- Data imports transformations and exports
- Language specific taint propagation, where applicable
- AST maintenance and enhancements
- Release and version management related to deliverables
What we value
- Exceptional code quality standards and a will to adhere to guidelines
- An ability to easily learn new languages
- Demonstrated knowledge of compilers and Abstract Syntax Trees
- A solid understanding of key concepts behind the implementation of various features in programming languages, such as closures, delegates, type inference etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to show initiative in all aspects of work
WhiteHat Security is an E-Verify employer and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.