Technical Support Engineer (DAST) Houston
DAST Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are:
In July of 2019, WhiteHat was acquired by NTT Ltd., a leading global technology services company. This immediately enabled WhiteHat to bring solutions and professional services to clients in over 100 countries where NTT Ltd. operates. With major wins in 2019 across the Americas, Europe, Australia and Japan, WhiteHat Security continues to leverage channel partners, direct sales teams, and the global presence of NTT Ltd. to service customers worldwide. In May 2020, we were named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST). This Leader position is based on the ability to execute and completeness of vision. This is WhiteHat’s fifth time being named a Leader in this report.
What you'll be doing:
- Receive and process inbound client and internal requests, maintaining SLAs and documenting tickets appropriately
- Resolve all technical questions associated with general user operation and administration of WhiteHat’s user interfaces
- Escalate issues to management and escalation teams as necessary, driving the issue to resolution
- Troubleshoot and resolve various customer issues, including:
- Site inaccessibility
- Login issues
- Issues with automated assessments
- Troubleshooting of remote satellite appliances
- Facilitate client technical calls as needed with our Threat Research Center
- Participate in or lead projects that are beneficial to the overall department
- Report defects and feature requests/enhancements
- Understand customer contracts and licensing, make updates to contracts, and advise customers and sales teams as needed.
What we value:
- Understanding of the customer experience and lifecycle in a software subscription/renewal business model
- A solid understanding of internet fundamentals: URL structure, request and response layout, HTTP/S, SSL, Proxies, DNS, etc.
- Familiarity with Web Application Security concepts including OWASP Top 10
- Basic knowledge of Firewall access controls (NAT, WAF/IDS/IPS, ASM)
- Basic understanding of networks: OSI model, servers (APACHE, Tomcat, IIS, etc.), routers, switches, firewalls, TCP/IP, VLANs
- Familiarity with basic network troubleshooting (routing, ping, traceroute, whois, netstat, dig) and web server troubleshooting (telnet, curl, wget, and ssh)
- Basic understanding of API’s
- The ability to be self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a great ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience with Burp Suite, SalesForce and JIRA a plus
- Experience with Linux, VMWare, and AWS a plus
A majority of the work occurs between 6am-7pm Pacific Time. However, WhiteHat Security provides 24/7 support for our client base. On call or rotational shift work may be required. As a Technical Support Engineer you may be required to perform customer calls outside of standard work hours, to accommodate our international client base. Most positions do not have a travel component, however, occasional travel (up to 1-2 times per year) may be required. This position requires a successful background check and drug testing.
WhiteHat Security is an E-Verify employer and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.