Service Technician I - Augusta, GA
$IGN-ON BONUS POTENTIAL FOR EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS
- Competitive Salary & On-call Pay
- Company Vehicle & Cell Phone
- Uniforms Provided
- Meters & Test Equipment
- Continuing Education
- Industry Certification
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Properly diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair commercial cooking kitchen equipment, refrigeration, or HVAC.
- Communicates repair status updates with customer and branch office.
- Communicate parts order(s) with branch.
- Completes service calls accurately and in a timely manner.
- Audits truck stock to ensure required parts are stocked.
- Maintain service vehicle, tools, and uniforms consistent with Whaley standards and safety first.
- Meet on-call requirements.
- High School diplomas or the equivalent in experience.
- 1 Year of applicable experience in at least one skill set: commercial cooking equipment, commercial refrigeration, or commercial HVAC.
Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to accurately diagnose and troubleshoot automotive, electrical, installation, and mechanical background is a plus.
- Journeyman License and or CFESA certification not required but would be a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and soft skills.
- Good driving record.
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- Repeated bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing up and down ladders.
- Extensive daily travel to work site location.
- Exposure to hot grease from fryers.
- On-call weekend rotation (frequency varies with branch size).
- Occasional to frequent exertion in high temperature environment (over heated kitchens, rooftops, etc.).
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE WORK HOME!!
Visit the 'Whaley Careers' and grow with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.