Service Technician Trainee - Charlotte
Service Technician Trainee
SIGN-ON BONUS POTENTIAL FOR EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS
- Competitive Salary & On-call Pay
- Company Vehicle & Cell Phone
- Uniforms Provided
- Meters & Test Equipment
- Continuing Education
- Industry Certification
- 401k & Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Life Insurance (company paid)
This position is an entry level technician role. This role is focused on development and training with the expectation of obtaining skills sets in hot side, cold side, and/or HVAC so that the technician is producing within a year or sooner.
- Adhere to all SAFETY policies and procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair gas, electric, water, refrigeration and steam powered commercial kitchen and HVAC equipment.
- Utilize tablet to document task (parts order, work order, timesheet) on a timely basis.
- Communicate professionally with customer regarding required repairs and status.
- Use proper tools for repair, including hand tools and power tools.
- Monitor truck stock to insure required parts are stocked on vehicle.
- Maintain service vehicle, tools and uniforms.
- Obtain correct part numbers through branch parts person.
- Collect payment on COD jobs.
- Contribute positively to branch targets for response time and first time fix rates.
- Participates in available training to increase skill and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Internal – Daily with branch staff; occasionally with corporate staff.
- External – Frequent and regular contact with customers. Occasional contact with factories for warranty purposes.
- A High School diplomas or the equivalent in experience
- Year of applicable experience.
- Driving record under auto liability insurance guidelines.
FIND YOUR NEXT FAVORITE WORK HOME!!
Visit the Whaley career site and grow with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.