Intern Business Development Finance (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an Intern Business Development Finance (m/f/d). In this position, you will be part of the Finance Business Development team reporting directly to our Group CFO and taking care of various projects within Finance.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Support the planning and implementation of major Finance projects (e. g. process optimizations and automations within Finance, improvement of compliance management systems, optimization of partnerships with trade credit insurers)
- Support of our new ERP system (e.g. support with data transformation, review of existing and definition of new business and accounting processes, execution of user acceptance testing)
- Work closely with Accounting, ERP Team, Controlling, International Finance and Operational departments
You come with:
- Educational background in economics (or other relevant field of study)
- First practical experience in Finance / Controlling or project and process management, ideally in commercial or e-commerce sector
- Excellent skills in MS Excel (advanced formulas, experience with pivot tables) and PowerPoint; Google Analytics, SQL and MS Excel Macros skills are a plus
- Strong analytical skills, high level of proactiveness
- Strong interest in financial topics and cross-functional projects, basic knowledge in Accounting and affinity to IT are a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- An internship in an incredibly fast-paced growth environment
- Practical and entrepreneurial experience in a high-growth company
- Taking responsibility early-on for own projects
- Steep learning curve and room for own ideas on the service
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
Start: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
Contact Person: Vivien Barth
Requisition Number: 2262
Interested? Looking forward to your full application (CV, cover letter, school and/or university transcript). In addition to that please tell us your possible starting date.