Intern Supply Chain Data Science & Forecasting (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an Intern Supply Chain Data Science & Forecasting (m/f/d). In this position, you will assist the Supply Chain Data Science & Forecasting team in building relevant data models to increase our forecasting accuracy and buying efficiency.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Independently undertake day-to-day operational tasks, such as monitoring reporting processes and deep diving root causes of issues
- Planning & implementation to improve existing processes & tools
- Building tools and automation of current processes using SQL, VBA and Python
- Ideation and testing of new technologies, models and approaches to solve Westwing's analytical challenges
You come with:
- Enrolled or recently graduated in computer science, operations science, maths, physics, economics or a comparable course of study
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and/or Excel and VBA
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a “hands-on” attitude and the ability to focus on fast execution
- Experience with optimization, time series analysis or machine learning is a plus
- Fluency in English
- Practical and entrepreneurial insights into a successful eCommerce company
- Personal responsibility and freedom for your own impulses
- A great working atmosphere and a steep learning curve
- A dynamic and international team with flat hierarchies
Start: as soon as possible
Contact person: Laura Wörgartner
Requisition Number: 2536
Interested? Looking forward to your full application (CV, school and/or university transcript). In addition to that, please tell us your possible starting date.