Senior PHP/Node.js Developer (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior PHP/Node.js Developer (m/f/d) to join our Logistic Services team. You will work together with more than 100 talented engineers designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications and services for our eCommerce platform. Besides PHP, we run services using Node.js on various tech stacks both on-premise and in the cloud.
What we do:
- In the Supply Chain Tech tribe, there is a broad variety of projects we work on. The team is responsible for the main tools for the buying teams and for the external self-service portal for beloved Westwing suppliers. There, we cover a rather big part of the order fulfilment process. These applications consist of several microservices that use various setups and frameworks
- We write software mainly using PHP and Node.js on the backend and React on the frontend. We use Laravel, Yii and various Symfony components there, as well as MySQL databases and RabbitMQ
- If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you
- PHP 7.3-8, Laravel, Symfony, Yii Framework
- PHPUnit, PHPCS, Psalm, PHP CS Fixer, PHPCS
- Node.js, Lambda functions
- Gitlab + Gitlab CI, Jenkins
- API (REST, JSON)
- HTML5, SASS, JS, React, ES6+
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords described above
- Ability to convert your ideal solution for a given problem into PHP code covered with the right amount of tests and to put it inside a Docker image
- Several years of experience in development with PHP OOP (Yii/Symfony/Laravel/Zend Framework experience is a plus)
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Node.js
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences, and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy
Location: Munich/Berlin/Warsaw. Remote from Germany, Poland, Spain or Italy
Contact Person: Andrea Galantucci
Requisition Number: 2556
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.