Intern Finance/Group Accounting (m/f/d)
As an Intern in Finance / Group Accounting you will have the opportunity to actively support this entire process until the publication of our final quarterly group figures at the capital market. You will be in close exchange with other local Finance departments like Controlling and DACH Accounting as well as support our international teams in Spain, Italy and Poland. The preferred internship duration is six months and the start date is March 1st. The position is located in Munich.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaboration and support of the Group Accounting team during consolidation of quarterly and annual financial statements (IFRS) as well as the ongoing development and improvement of external reporting
- support with the monthly closing tasks across the Group as well as analytical review and quality checks of the Group entities’ monthly closing packages
- assisting with the preparation of the group management report and the notes to the consolidated financial statements in English and German language
- help with the creation of the local quarterly and annual financial statements (HGB) of the German companies.
- independent managing of projects within Group Accounting
YOU COME WITH
- enrolled student in economics, financial management, or in a related field
- first experience in the area of (group) accounting / audit is a plus
- very good knowledge of MS Office, especially in Excel
- pleasure in working with figures and facing new challenges
- proactive, structured, and goal-oriented working style with a strong hands-on mentality
- fluent in German and English
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- working in an international, diverse team of experts in a dynamic and fast-paced e-commerce environment
- countless opportunities to grow your career and shape your professional future
- centrally located and dog-friendly offices with free beverages, cafeteria with different lunch options, diverse sports and health offerings and regular team and afterwork events
- up to 40% employee discount, volunteering day off, company pension scheme, discounted mobility options (e.g. public transport, JobRad, Swapfiets)
What are you waiting for? Apply via our online form. We are looking forward to your application including your possible starting date. If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team. Please note that we don’t accept Email-Applications!
Diversity is deeply rooted in the Westwing culture. Our mission doesn’t stop to inspire only your design choices, it continues to embrace an inclusive lifestyle filled with respect to everyone’s uniqueness, cultural differences and equal opportunity.
Being part of Westwing means working in an inspiring and diverse environment that enables you to grow. Our more than 2,300 international team members connect creativity and style with state-of-the-art technology and strong business fundamentals. Westwing is the European leader in inspiration-based Home and Living eCommerce with EUR 522m of revenue in 2021 across 11 countries. Our mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. Through our 'shoppable magazine', we inspire our loyal Home Enthusiast customers with a curated product selection and combine it with gorgeous content. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Munich.