Fullstack Developer (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer (m/f/d) to join our WestwingNow Core team. As a fullstack developer, you will design and develop complex web applications, services and modules for our eCommerce systems. You will integrate with our shops and other internal and external systems and create a great customer experience for our users. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
Westwing headquaters is located in Munich, Germany, but for this position, working remotely (even outside Germany) is possible. It is, however, crucial that you are available between the hours of 9am - 6pm Central European Time (CET).
What we do:
- In the WestwingNow Core team there is a broad variety of projects we work on. The team is responsible for the front-end (Yii) and back-end (Zend) frameworks of our shopping website, as well as several micro-services and internal tools built in various technology stack and infrastructure like K8s, AWS Lambda.
- We are also responsible for communication between e-commerce backend system and other internal systems like warehouse management and customer care.
- We write new software mainly using PHP (Symfony, Laravel) as a back-end language and node.js/express.js with React on front-end applications. Other frameworks we maintain include Lumen, Zend, Yii and ExtJS. We use MySQL as main datasource but we also use DynamoDB, Memcached and Elastic Search for various purposes.
- If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you.
- At Westwing we invest a lot into every engineer, and we help growing and improving skills for further career development.
- We face a lot of challenges on daily basis, opening thousands of opportunities to unleash your engineering and creative potential.
- Furthermore, you will optimize our platform for best performance. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
- PHP7+, Symfony, Zend Framework, Yii framework
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, ES6+, jQuery, React JS, Ajax, Node JS
- PHPUnit, Behat, PHPCS, PHPMD, PHP Stan
- Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines
- API (REST, JSON, RPC)
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcached
- Debian, Bash, nginx, php-fpm
- Git (GitLab)
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords described above
- Several years of experience in development with MYSQL and PHP OOP (Zend Framework/Yii/Symfony experience is a plus)
- Several years of experience with JS based applications
- Ideally experience with APIs, frontend and backend integration
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Agile teams where your ideas and solutions are valued
- Attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structures
Contact Person: Yasmin Linscott
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.