Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
As Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) for our Technology Department, you will enable developers to work at their highest efficiency by driving a culture of automation and keeping systems running smoothly. The role is based in Munich, Berlin, Warsaw, or remote from Germany, Poland, Spain, and Italy. This position is unlimited.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- ensure that systems have proper monitoring and alerting
- work with application teams to move existing applications to AWS (Kubernetes) through lift-and-Shift and refactoring migration strategies
- ensure solid, highly available, scalable, and performant solutions across both applications and infrastructure
- understand load, events, and traffic patterns and use that information to ensure we have the proper capacities, ahead of time
- support the engineering teams on the automated deployments running on Gitlab CI/CD and infrastructure
YOU COME WITH
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
- hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS); prior experience using automation tools (Terraform, Ansible) desired
- in-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Gitlab, Github)
- strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- very good knowledge of Docker containers and related orchestration technologies (Kubernetes)
- coding skills in shell scripting (sh, bash) and proficient in at least one other language (php, python, node, go etc)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- working in an international, diverse team of experts in a dynamic and fast-paced e-commerce environment
- countless opportunities to grow your career and shape your professional future
- centrally located and dog-friendly offices with free beverages and fruits, cafeteria with different lunch options, diverse sports and health offerings and regular team and afterwork events
- up to 40% employee discount, volunteering day off, company pension scheme, discounted mobility options (e.g. public transport, JobRad, Swapfiets) and company daycare “Westwing Wichtel”
- state-of-the-art tech infrastructure running on AWS and Kubernetes (check out our Techradar), professionally equipped workstation (Mac, screens, peripherals, etc) of your personal choice and yearly training budget for every tech team member
- remote working model with designated in-office tribe weeks, read more on our Tech Blog
What are you waiting for? Apply via our online form. We are looking forward to your application including your possible starting date. If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact Andrea Galantucci.
Please note that we don’t accept Email-Applications!
Diversity is deeply rooted in the Westwing culture. Our mission doesn’t stop to inspire only your design choices, it continues to embrace an inclusive lifestyle filled with respect to everyone’s uniqueness, cultural differences and equal opportunity.
Being part of Westwing means working in an inspiring and diverse environment that enables you to grow. Our more than 2,300 international team members connect creativity and style with state-of-the-art technology and strong business fundamentals. Westwing is the European leader in inspiration-based Home and Living eCommerce with EUR 522m of revenue in 2021 across 11 countries. Our mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. Through our 'shoppable magazine', we inspire our loyal Home Enthusiast customers with a curated product selection and combine it with gorgeous content. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Munich.