Principal Engineer iOS (m/f/d)
The role of the Principal Engineer iOS is a technical advisor to the leadership, mentor of our engineers, and driver for technical improvements across multiple teams. With your understanding of the current and future business needs, you will prepare and drive the big technical improvements, lead changes across multiple teams, and constantly improve the technical excellence across our iOS teams. This position is unlimited and can be based in Munich, Berlin, Warsaw, or remote from Germany, Poland, Spain, and Italy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- work closely with our two iOS teams and mentor individual engineers
- advise the technical leaders of the tribe
- drive discussions for technical solutions and develop plans how to implement them
- further build up the technical excellence in our iOS teams
- investigate current problems and future solutions
YOU COME WITH
- excellent knowledge of Swift and the iOS frameworks and ecosystem
- experience working in modularized iOS apps using Swift package manager
- demonstrated success in leading engineering improvements in iOS apps
- demonstrated success in mentoring iOS engineers
- experience working on e-commerce problems in iOS, like deep linking and push notifications
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- working in an international, diverse team of experts in a dynamic and fast-paced e-commerce environment
- countless opportunities to grow your career and shape your professional future
- centrally located and dog-friendly offices with free beverages and fruits, cafeteria with different lunch options, diverse sports and health offerings and regular team and afterwork events
- up to 40% employee discount, volunteering day off, company pension scheme, discounted mobility options (e.g. public transport, JobRad, Swapfiets) and company daycare “Westwing Wichtel”
- state-of-the-art tech infrastructure running on AWS and Kubernetes (check out our Techradar), professionally equipped workstation (Mac, screens, peripherals, etc) of your personal choice and yearly training budget for every tech team member
- remote working model with designated in-office tribe weeks, read more on our Tech Blog
What are you waiting for? Apply via our online form. We are looking forward to your application including your possible starting date. If you have any questions regarding the job (Req. 3009), please contact Ana Carballo. Please note that we don’t accept Email-Applications!
Diversity is deeply rooted in the Westwing culture. Our mission doesn’t stop to inspire only your design choices, it continues to embrace an inclusive lifestyle filled with respect to everyone’s uniqueness, cultural differences and equal opportunity.
Being part of Westwing means working in an inspiring and diverse environment that enables you to grow. Our more than 2,300 international team members connect creativity and style with state-of-the-art technology and strong business fundamentals. Westwing is the European leader in inspiration-based Home and Living eCommerce with EUR 522m of revenue in 2021 across 11 countries. Our mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. Through our 'shoppable magazine', we inspire our loyal Home Enthusiast customers with a curated product selection and combine it with gorgeous content. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Munich.