Scala Backend Engineer (m/f)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our almost 1 million customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,300 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
What you will do:
- Plan, prototype, build, and deploy software which understands which product a customer would want and when they would like to see it.
- Co-own our search architecture and keeps its documentation up to date.
- Continuously watch the market and improve your knowledge on search tools and recommendation systems, then spread it through our teams.
What you must have:
- Solid software development skills
- Functional programming in Scala
- REST services
- Message brokers
- Good communication skills, fluent English
- Experience with the search domain
- JVM optimization
- Monitoring: Grafana, Kibana, NewRelic
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy.
- The possibility of building something new, in a data driven and ambitious team.
- Working with modern Scala-based tech stack.
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, budget for conferences).