Senior Manager Sustainable Materials (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Senior Manager Sustainable Materials (m/f/d) for our multi-hundred million Euro business WestwingNow and Westwing Collection.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Create and drive our sustainable sourcing strategy, with a focus on sustainable materials, together with Westwing’s Leadership team
- Act as key consultant for our cross-functional private label team when it comes to sustainable and innovative materials and production processes
- Develop and implement strategic shift of our existing portfolio to sustainable materials including goal tracking and data collection for annual reporting
- Contributor of latest information on sustainability and innovative materials by gathering intelligence from relevant competitor benchmarks, sustainability forums, suppliers, certification bodies, etc.
- Drive the next steps on further eliminating the use of hazardous substances in our global supply chain
You come with:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the field of sustainability with the focus on sustainable material sourcing
- Expert knowledge about sustainability certifications & sustainable material sourcing
- Working experience in field of product development together with buying functions
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial and ambiguous environment
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a “hands-on” attitude and a focus on fast execution
- Talent to structure and manage complex cross-company projects and processes with multiple workstreams and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly communicate with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Fluency in English and German
- A high-impact role in an incredibly fast-paced growth environment
- A steep development path, working directly with Westwing’s Leadership team
- Building the inner workings of a fast-growing eCommerce company with exposure to a wide variety of different functions and challenges
- A highly talented, dynamic, and diverse team with an inspiring culture
- A variety of employer benefits such as gym membership and special discounts
Contact Person: Kira Bukin
Requisition Number: 2565
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.