(Senior) DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for a (Senior) DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) for our Technology Department. In this position you will enable developers to work at their highest efficiency by driving a culture of automation and keeping systems running smoothly.
Westwing headquaters is located in Munich, Germany, but for this position, working remotely (even outside Germany) is possible. It is, however, crucial that you are available between the hours of 9am - 6pm Central European Time (CET).
What you will do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams of application developers
- Ensure that systems have proper monitoring and alerting. Acts as first level support in the 24/7 rotation for their organizational unit, escalating to developers as second level support when additional help is needed.
- Work with application teams to move existing applications to AWS (Kubernetes) through lift-and-Shift and refactoring migration strategies
- Ensure solid, highly available, scalable and performant solutions across both applications and infrastructure
- Understand load, events and traffic patterns and use that information to ensure we have the proper capacities, ahead of time
- Support the engineering teams on the automated deployments running on Gitlab CI/CD and infrastructure.
- No, you are not working on feature tickets ;)
What you must have:
- 2 - 5 years of experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Prior experience using automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform) desired
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Gitlab, Github)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Very good knowledge of Docker containers and related orchestration technologies (Kubernetes)
- Coding skills in shell scripting (sh, bash) and proficient in at least one other language (php, python, node, go etc)
- Knowledge about web applications and capabitily of debugging infrastructure related issues
- Good communication skills, very fluent English
What we appreciate:
- AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
- Kubernetes certification is a plus.
- Open-minded people, willing to learn new topics, new programming languages, and gather new skills
- Passion for automating the repetitive tasks and metrics collection and dashboards to improve team processes.
- Willingness to work across functions to get the job done
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- The possibility of building something new, in a data driven and ambitious team
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, budget for conferences)
Location: Munich or Remote
Contact Person: Yasmin Linscott