The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 8 years on the market, we have grown to more than 254 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for an awesome (Senior) Frontend Engineer.
Who are we:
Our team is located in our Warsaw office in the city center. Despite this fact, we’re closely cooperating with HQ in Munich where the Product Manager is located. We’re currently growing the team to the size of 6 Software Engineers specializing in Frontend and Backend technologies. The team is lead by a Tech Lead located at the place, in the office.
What we are doing:
The team is responsible for our lovely, content-rich landing pages and overall promotional integrations between all of our systems. We’re focusing on the Tech SEO side of our applications so that our customers can easily find us and have a great experience while using our beautiful websites.
What you will do:
- Implement, deploy and maintain UX and UI features across our platforms
- Ensure our websites are lovable by our customers
- Ensure frontend performance on our application is always blazing fast
What we offer:
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Work equipment of your choice
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, budget for conferences)
- A position in a high-caliber Tech team with like-minded developers
- Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed, high-growth eCommerce company
What we expect from you:
- Experience in the frontend stack - JS/CSS3/HTML5
- Understanding of UX
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with backend code – primarily PHP
- Good communication skills, very fluent English
What we appreciate:
- Knowledge about the technical SEO side of the web
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive attitude in suggesting solutions and improvements
- Dedication to testing code you wrote
- A SOLID approach to the code quality