Quality Control Inspector (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Quality Control Inspector (m/f/d). In this position you are responsible to improve our products and ensure we receive the agreed quality from supplier: Identify where we do not match customer expectations and improve the product together with our product development teams and suppliers in Europe.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Conducting product inspections per Westwing standard and sampling requirement
- Organizing WIP and FQC with suppliers across Europe
- Collaborate with factory to seek out root cause of a QC inspection failure and offer improvement suggestion
- Understanding quality problems where customers are not highly satisfied and suggesting solutions
- Supporting our team of senior technical product experts
- Communication with internal interfaces as buying teams and suppliers in Europe
- Supporting QA in sample review and driving documentation of product specifications as technical part of contract with supplier
You come with:
- Successfully completed technical studies, alternatively an apprenticeship in a technical field
- Relevant work experience in furniture industry (ideally as QC inspector, wood technician, carpenter, or metal technician)
- Ability to understand technical problems as well as factors for customer happiness
- Passion to make customers happy, to solve problems and to continuously improve with out-of-the-box thinking
- Drive to constantly learn new things and commitment to have impact on overall product quality
- High motivation and autonomous working mode
- Pro-active attitude, detail oriented and strong integrity
- Willingness to travel across Europe
- Confident and fluent communication in English, German is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- A high-impact role in an incredibly fast-paced growth environment
- Insight into the inner workings of a fast-growing eCommerce company with exposure to a wide variety of different functions
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and your personal growth
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
Location: Munich, with frequent traveling
Contact Person: Kristina Philipps
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.