Fullstack Tech Lead PHP/JS Club Growth (m/f)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for an awesome Fullstack Tech Lead for the newly created Growth team.
Who are we:
Our Tech team of over 150 people is mostly split between two hubs: our HQ in Munich and Warsaw plus people working remotely. We’re currently building a brand new Growth team that will help one of our business models reach the next level of scale, impact, and profitability.
What we are doing:
The team will work exclusively on improving various KPIs across our sites and platforms in our core business model. The team will work in an iterative manner by identifying potential ways of improving metrics, setting hypotheses, experimenting, and analyzing results. You will drop ideas proven to not work by metrics without doubts in order to move forward with other ideas to grow our business further.
What you will do:
- Work with the whole team to improve various KPIs by setting hypotheses, experimenting with them, and analyzing results from those tests.
- Help the team to flourish by growing engineers, hiring new ones, and being a servant leader and mentor to the whole team.
- Work closely with product owners, designers, researchers, and business stakeholders to design technical solutions bringing growth to the business.
- Own the functionalities developed by the team from the technical perspective. Ensure they’re well-architected, tested, meet our coding standards, and have proper logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Set up processes and methodologies optimized for shipping code.
- You remain fully hands-on when it comes to development and take over smaller topics or tough cases. With that, you ensure good architecture and good Code Review quality.
What we offer:
- A high-impact role in an incredibly fast-paced growth environment and the possibility to take responsibility early on within a new initiative.
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences, and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy. Deck out your workstation with whichever editors, tools, and accessories you need to feel at home.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.
- Possibility to work fully remotely from anywhere as long as you are available between the hours of 9 am - 6 pm Central European Time (CET).
What we expect from you:
- Several years of experience in the frontend stack, experience in React is a plus as this is the direction we’re going in the frontend stack.
- Several years of experience in PHP 7 development of large scale and highly available applications.
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead role. Managing people is just as exciting as managing software.
- Passion for data-driven approach. You regularly follow KPIs and are able to get the most out of them to make well-reasoned decisions and iterate to improve those through time.
- Architecture skills – both code and infrastructure. Acronyms like SOLID and DDD make you excited. People know you as that person who is always talking about “Decoupling”, “Onions” and “Hexagons”.
- Push for shipping. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given.
- Strong communication skills. You are comfortable working with any colleague from any area. You are comfortable defending your ideas or challenging others. People like to work with you.
The optional skills we appreciate:
- Experience in working with growth, outcome, or KPI-driven teams.
- Familiarity with growth-related platforms, tools, and methodologies like A/B testing, Google Analytics, Optimizely, LaunchDarkly, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, CI/CD pipelines.
- Dedication to testing code you and your team wrote.