Product Technician (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Product Technician (m/f/d). In this position you are responsible to improve our products and ensure we receive the agreed quality from supplier: Identify where we do not match customer expectations and improve the product together with our product development teams and suppliers in Europe.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Driving suitable supplier selection from quality perspective by conducting technical factory audits
- Ensuring proper supplier onboarding by transferring and explaining internal quality standards to supplier
- Driving documentation of product specifications as technical part of contract with supplier
- Understanding quality problems where customers are not highly satisfied and suggesting solutions
- Project management and follow up of product improvements against deadlines and KPIs
- Supporting our team of senior technical product experts in research topics
- Communication with internal interfaces as buying teams and suppliers in Europe
- Conducting WIP inspections and FQC on demand
You come with:
- Successfully completed technical studies, alternatively an apprenticeship in a technical field
- Relevant work experience in furniture industry (ideally as wood technician, carpenter, or metal technician)
- Ability to understand technical problems as well as factors for customer happiness
- Passion to make customers happy, to solve problems and to continuously improve with out-of-the-box thinking
- Pro-active attitude, detail oriented and strong integrity
- Drive to constantly learn new things and commitment to have impact on overall product quality
- High motivation and autonomous, structured working mode
- Willingness to travel across Europe
- Confident and fluent communication in English, German is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- A high-impact role in an incredibly fast-paced growth environment
- Insight into the inner workings of a fast-growing eCommerce company with exposure to a wide variety of different functions
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and your personal growth
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
Location: Munich, with frequent traveling
Contact Person: Kristina Philipps
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.