(Senior) Frontend Web Application Developer (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 8 years on the market, we have grown to more than 254 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a (Senior) Frontend Web Application Developer (m/f/d)
for our Westwing Services team developing web applications and modules, which are the important base for the daily work for lot of our employees and our suppliers.
What you will do:
- Maintain and implement additional features in the frontends of our mainly ReactJS based applications within the “shared frontend” team and in cooperation with multiple backend teams.
- Being responsible for the User Experience for newly developed features and services starting with the design together with your product manager to the final implementation and styling with your team.
- Drive the unification project to define more standards and migrate existing frontend applications step by step to a common approach for all Westwing Services tools.
- Keep the frontend technology stack in your products up to date and align on best practices
You come with:
- Several years of experience with typical frontend stack - CSS, SASS, JS
- Project experience with ReactJS and Redux, knowing the benefits and obstacles
- Knowledge how to (re)build single page applications having reusable components using important design patterns
- A love for design and the ability to style applications with and without designer
- Experience how to efficiently debug and solve problems in various different projects
- Dedication to testing using JEST, Karma, Chai or Cypress
- Ideally basic knowledge of the backend stack – primary PHP 7 and MYSQL
- Experience with Webpack, Babel, Git and ideally with Jenkins, Docker, AWS
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, regular internal trainings, budget for conferences)
- Quarterly team events with your Westwing family
- Work equipment of your choice
Contact Person: Yasmin Linscott
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.