Senior PHP Software Engineer (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
The team is responsible for maintaining the core tools for our production teams and catalog production.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for an awesome Senior PHP Software Engineer (m/f/d).
- PHP7+, Symfony, Zend Framework, Yii framework
- PHPUnit, Selenium, PHPCS, PHP Stan
- Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines
- API (REST, RPC)
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Redis, Git (GitLab EE)
Your responsibilities will be:
- Take part in the development of different projects within a well-established company
- Work on the full software development life cycle: from the analysis, design up to implementing and deploying the final solution
- Provide value to the business with the code you produce
- Take full ownership of the software the team produces
- Ensure maintainability of the solution as well as blazing fast performance
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords described above
- Ability to convert your ideal solution for a given problem into the PHP code covered with enough tests and put inside the docker image.
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable, and self-structured way of working
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive attitude in suggesting solutions and improvements
- Passion for shipping. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given
- Strong communication skills – You are able to explain complex technical topics
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences, and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy. Deck out your workstation with whichever editors, tools, and accessories you need to feel at home
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program that allows you to switch to open positions in other teams
Location: Munich, Berlin, remote in Germany, Spain, Italy, Poland
Contact Person: Ana Carballo
Requisition Number: 2588
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under the specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation