Senior Software Engineer PHP (m/f)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,300 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) (m/f).
In your position you will be responsible for building tools and services for our sales and production teams. This includes our big own developed product information management (PIM) system as well as various other helpful tools assisting the teams in their daily workflow.
The systems communicate with other Westwing applications, both customer-facing and internal ones, using RabbitMQ, direct DB exports and REST.
Core technologies used in the application:
PHP (Symfony 4), MySQL, RabbitMQ, AWS, Docker, git
Our team of around 7 people is located in both Warsaw and in Munich. The team consists of various other Software Engineers, Quality Assurance and a Project Manager.
The team will be managed by a Tech Lead, who will be your direct supervisor.
Our work is organised around sprints, which start with planning meetings and end with retrospectives.
The Software Engineers are responsible for working with the existing code (bugfixes, code improvements) and of course for developing new features. The code should include unit tests and should be consistent with our internal coding standards. Once the development it’s completed, it’s then reviewed by peers and tested by our QA.
What we expect from you:
- Several years of experience in PHP 7 development ideally using the Symfony framework. You know PHP in and out, its strengths and weaknesses and are able to use it for the best outcome possible.
- Good infrastructure skills in the cloud – preferably AWS.
- Good knowledge of databases. You know how to debug and tweak the performance in your queries in huge databases.
- Experience working with distributed services and web applications.
- Interest for the business and processes behind your tools as you will work in a complex area.
What we appreciate:
- Experience in the frontend stack, preferably React JS
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive attitude in suggesting solutions and improvements
- Dedication to testing code you wrote
- A SOLID approach to the code quality
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy. Deck out your workstation with whichever editors, tools and accessories you need to feel at home.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.