Strategic Purchasing Manager/ Manager ds. Zakupów Strategicznych
As Strategic Purchasing Manager (m/f/d) you will be responsible for bring our indirect procurement department to the next level. In this position, you will develop and own our international indirect procurement strategy, with a focus on packaging materials but also regarding other warehouse equipment and services. In doing so, you will work together with Westwing’s Operations leadership team across Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- building a procurement strategy that will ensure seamless supply of packaging materials and warehouse equipment to our fast-growing business in our Poznan warehouses
- ensuring we have the right portfolio of products and suppliers
- translating Westwing’s increasing focus on sustainability into packaging procurement
- conducting supplier sourcing, contract negotiation and claims
- ensuring seamless supply of packaging materials and consumables to the warehouse operations
- designing KPIs and reporting tools to measure, control and benchmark procurement processes
- managing a team of direct and indirect reports, who are in charge of the daily operational tasks; establishing standards and processes for that team
YOU COME WITH
- bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering or mathematics
- an entrepreneurial mindset and the ambition to build something great
- strong communications skills and negotiation-level English and Polish
- at least 4 years of experience working in a strategic purchasing/supply management role, ideally in a field with highly volatile demand (e.g. ecommerce, high-growth company, highly seasonal business etc.)
- proven analytical skills and andvanced knowledge of Excel; SQL knowledge is a plus
- experience in indirect purchasing - in particular packaging materials purchasing - is a strong advantage
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- working in an international, diverse team of experts in a dynamic and fast-paced e-commerce environment
- countless opportunities to grow your career and shape your professional future
- up to 40% employee discount
- private medical care, Multisport offering, life insurance, company-organized team building event
Diversity is deeply rooted in the Westwing culture. Our mission doesn’t stop to inspire only your design choices, it continues to embrace an inclusive lifestyle filled with respect to everyone’s uniqueness, cultural differences and equal opportunity.
Being part of Westwing means working in an inspiring and diverse environment that enables you to grow. Our more than 2,300 international team members connect creativity and style with state-of-the-art technology and strong business fundamentals. Westwing is the European leader in inspiration-based Home and Living eCommerce with EUR 522m of revenue in 2021 more than 1.5 million active customers across 11 countries. Our mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. Through our 'shoppable magazine', we inspire our loyal Home Enthusiast customers with a curated product selection and combine it with gorgeous content. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Munich.