Strategic Purchasing Manager/ Manager ds. Zakupów Strategicznych
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
To keep up with our extreme growth, we are looking for an analytics and negotiation superstar to bring our warehouse materials procurement to the next level! In this position, you will develop and own our international indirect procurement strategy, with a focus on packaging materials but also regarding other warehouse equipment. In doing so, you will work closely with Westwing’s Operations leadership team across Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Bringing our international procurement to the next level by inventing and building most things from scratch. This includes:
- Building a procurement strategy that will ensure seamless supply of packaging materials and warehouse equipment to our fast-growing business in our Poznan warehouses
- Ensuring we have the right portfolio of suppliers
- Translating Westwing’s increasing focus on sustainability into packaging procurement
- Conducting supplier sourcing, contract negotiation and claims
- Building and constantly improving a material consumption forecasts, in close cooperation with our BI team
- Designing KPIs and reporting tools to measure, control and benchmark procurement processes
- Managing a team of direct and indirect reports, who are in charge of the daily operational tasks; establishing standards and processes for that team
- Work closely with the warehouse operations to ensure accuracy of stock data and smooth order and inbound processes
You come with:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering or mathematics
- An entrepreneurial mindset and the ambition to build something great
- Strong communications skills and negotiation-level English and Polish
- At least 2 years of experience working in a strategic purchasing/supply management role, ideally in a field with highly volatile demand (e.g. ecommerce, high-growth company, highly seasonal business etc.)
- Proven analytical skills and andvanced knowledge of Excel; SQL knowledge is a plus
- Experience in indirect purchasing - in particular packaging materials purchasing - is a strong advantage
- A high-impact role in an incredibly fast-paced growth environment
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- Insight into the inner workings of a fast-growing eCommerce company with exposure to a wide variety of different functions
- Taking responsibility early-on for a growing organization
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development
Location: Robakowo near Poznan
Interested? Looking forward to your full application in English under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.