Internship Controlling (m/f/d)
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an Intern (m/f/d) in the Controlling department. In this position, you will get a widespread view over all financially impacted departments and the internal & external reporting at Westwing. You will collaborate closely with the Group CFO and the Head of Finance – thus you are actively involved in many strategic and operational topics as well as in important decisions on Group and entity level.
Your tasks will be:
- Support of monthly closing preparation for operational entities and HQ (e.g. accrual review, logistics costs model, marketing allocation)
- Support logistics costs allocation and review correctness of charges
- Review of P&L development and relevant balance sheet positions, definition and follow-up of corrective actions
- Analysis of actuals vs. plan for internal and investor reporting
- Handling of ad hoc projects and analysis on your own responsibility
- Enhancement of existing financial models and tools
You come with:
- Studying business administration ideally with a major in Finance/Controlling with outstanding academic credentials
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially in Excel and Power Point; SQL is a plus
- A structured, independent and goal oriented work style
- Very strong analytics, yet “hands-on” with a focus on fast and flawless execution
- Passion about making impact and working in a multicultural team
- Fluency in English
- Practical and entrepreneurial experience in a high-growth company
- Lots of personal responsibility and space for own ideas
- A great atmosphere and a steep learning curve
- A highly talented, dynamic and international team
- An attractive compensation
Contact Person: Yasmin Linscott
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.