Locations: Frisco, TX
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- BS degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or the technical equivalent.
- Experience with designing applications for reporting scientific data from environmental projects in the field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the area of technology critical in the integration and development of Geo-spatial systems to include: mobile applications; Emergency Management Geographic Information Systems; and GIS Web Applications
- Thorough understanding of the Administration and build out of the ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Platform
- Relational database, and Geo-database integration with ArcGIS.
- The ability to Develop and maintain applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; and developing software systems.
- Ability to work in dynamic environment sometimes including deployment to field or client locations and managing multiple data streams in a dynamic reporting environment all in an effort to report real time field conditions in order to help our clients make positive decisions with regards to environmental assessment and impact.
- Willingness to think outside the box and to utilize technology/innovation to make a difference in protecting the environment
- Minor in Science/Chemistry a preference and/or experience with managing and reporting scientific data using both database processes and or reporting tools/services
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems per functional requirements.
- Understand and document existing systems architecture and technology; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Understand and implement processes that facilitate data flow from the field to enterprise architecture in an efficient manner.
- Develop Front-end UI, logic, web services and database code to support functional requirements of the software
- Gather requirements, refine requirements, scope out and schedule software development life cycle from beginning to end
- Create and execute test plans, plans deployments, capable of debugging systems and implement solutions to bugs and new feature requests
- Oversee implementation of end-to-end connections points for systems per functional requirements
- Work with Junior Developers and conduct code reviews during QA and testing procedures
- Document code accordingly and abides by code repository policy and procedures
- Communicate with project managers and clients clearly and pro-actively, both verbal and written
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and development conferences; reviewing professional publications and new technologies as appropriate
At Weston Solutions you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions
A career at Weston means professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a thriving, interconnected, and supportive community that works together to make a difference in the environment. We take pride in knowing that our people feel they do meaningful work and make valuable contributions to their teams because recent employee survey results show that over 90% agree on these points. Top talent from all paths—recent graduate, ex-military, experienced, and leaders—join Weston to do meaningful work with a focus on dynamic skills growth and long-term career progression.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the individual needs of its people and their families
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions
- Parental leave benefits
- Paid time off to include: vacation, sick and holiday time
- Critical illness and accident plans
- Work/Life flexibility
- Professional development opportunities