Clinical Services Manager
Founded by philanthropists Gary and Mary West, West Health, and its affiliated organizations, focus on the mission of lowering the cost of healthcare and enabling seniors to successfully age in place with access to high-quality, affordable health and support services that preserve and protect their dignity, quality of life and independence. West Health is advancing efforts to expand Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE®) with the opening of a new, state-of-the-art PACE center located in San Marcos, CA. This center will be entrepreneurial in nature and will focus on innovations and bringing new processes to the traditional PACE environment.
Gary and Mary West PACE is a non-profit that delivers medical, social, and behavioral services to the frail elderly in North County San Diego. PACE® is a national model of person-centered, integrated care that enables frail older individuals the ability to age in place safely in the community. The PACE® Model of Care serves as both a health plan and healthcare provider to enrollees, using an interdisciplinary team approach to providing medical care, behavioral health, social support services, and end of life care. The PACE® model of care is nationally recognized among consumers, healthcare providers and government leaders as the most innovative, accessible, valuable and effective model of care promoting the highest level of independence for older individuals with significant healthcare needs who are also nursing home eligible.
The Clinical Services Manager is responsible for the management of the Gary and Mary West PACE (GMWP) nursing (clinic and home care), social work, and rehabilitation services and ongoing clinical guidance and support to the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). The Clinical Services Manager is a member of the GMWP leadership team and facilitates collaborative relationships across GMWP teams and stakeholders to promote the GMWP values, team culture, and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality GMWP clinic, home care, social work, behavioral health and rehabilitation services.
- Provide ongoing clinical guidance and support to the IDT as well as provide back-up planning and facilitation of the IDT meetings as needed.
- Manage nursing (clinic and home care), social work, and rehabilitation services staff including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- In collaboration with the PACE Physician, ensure all orders are carried out as directed.
- Support the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner.
- In partnership with other leaders, facilitate open communication and effective problem-solving that supports high staff morale and excellent participant experience.
- Maintain appropriate level and scheduling of staff to ensure safe and effective care.
- Manage department budget.
- Responsible for all activities relevant to services furnished, including the development of personnel qualifications and the assignment of personnel.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain the confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants, and families.
- Follow GMWP policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training, and meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Skills and Experience:
- Four years’ experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least three years of which was in a supervisory capacity.
- Nursing knowledge and skills to treat participants and manage complex clinical needs.
- Ability to process information and prioritize in a timely manner.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, customer service and communication skills with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
Employees must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
Position-specific competencies for the Manager of Clinical Services role will be met prior to providing care.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical assessment.
Gary and Mary West PACE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws.