Senior Healthcare Analyst
Solely funded by philanthropists Gary and Mary West, our mission is to enable seniors to successfully age, living life on their own terms with access to high-quality health and support services that preserve and protect their dignity, quality of life, and independence.
Solely funded by philanthropists Gary and Mary West, West Health includes the nonprofit and nonpartisan Gary and Mary West Health Institute and Gary and Mary West Foundation in San Diego, and the Gary and Mary West Health Policy Center in Washington, D.C. These organizations are working together toward a shared mission dedicated to enabling seniors to successfully age in place with access to high-quality, affordable health and support services that preserve and protect their dignity, quality of life and independence. Through a combination of medical research and policy initiatives, collaborations, education, and advocacy, West Health is committed to supporting and creating healthcare delivery models that improve care and access for our fast-growing, diverse population of seniors. For more information, visit westhealth.org and follow @westhealth.
The Senior Analyst role will be an integral part of the Master Plan for Aging (MPA) and Geriatric Emergency Department (GED) teams at West Health Institute. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analysis and be able to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of stakeholders.
This role requires technical skills with experience in Tableau, SQL, and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Tools (e.g. Tableau Prep, Alteryx). The candidate will have knowledge of healthcare terminology, experience with coding and dashboard building, and project management skills.
The Senior Analyst will liaison internally between researchers, data science team / engineers, and leadership, and externally with policy makers and government executives. Ability to translate technical details to a policy audience, and vice versa, are a must for this role.
The Senior Analyst will partner with leaders to develop and implement analytics strategy. This includes managing the design, development, and implementation of analytical research projects and ensuring accurate, timely, and useful data are provided to management to guide decisions and improve performance. The Senior Analyst is the primary business relationship manager to one or multiple stakeholders, ensuring projects are correctly prioritized, and delivered on time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for developing excellent partner relationships through communication and cooperative interaction with other teams and partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project goals, findings, and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including policy makers and data engineers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in healthcare data sources, including claims, electronic health records, and public health data, to provide guidance on data acquisition, cleaning, and management for research and analytic projects.
- Assist MPA and GED researchers in planning, design, and implementation of research analytical projects. Manage and oversee all phases of research projects, including planning, implementation, data analysis, and reporting of results.
- Synthesize data from various healthcare datasets to produce reports, polished presentations, and dashboards for stakeholders and internal research teams/leadership.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills, actively engaging with the MPA, GED, and other teams as needed to achieve shared goals. Thrive in a collaborative environment, bringing a positive attitude and a willingness to contribute to team efforts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to analysts and interns, and support their career development by providing feedback, training, and opportunities for growth.
- Be comfortable wearing multiple hats and adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Able to pivot quickly and effectively between different projects and responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of productivity and attention to detail.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in relevant field (Data Science, Biostatistics, Healthcare Informatics, etc.)
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience with a focus on advanced analytics. Advanced coding experience in at least two languages (SQL & ETL is required; Familiarity with Python is desired)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines. Prior project management experience. PMP accreditation is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Prior experience of working in healthcare industry and familiarity with healthcare data sets (e.g. claims and EMR data) is required
- Advanced experience in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Must be up to date with COVID 19 vaccination and booster shots
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The estimated compensation range for this position is $100,000 - $125,000.
We gladly offer:
- An up to 10% Annual Performance Bonus
- Hybrid work schedule #LI-Hybrid
- Robust Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K/403b Retirement Plan Match
- Professional Reimbursements
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
West Health Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability, or veteran's status.