Sales Support Specialist
Job Description Summary
The Sales Support Specialist I is responsible for sales administration, clerical and supportive sales development duties that sustain the efforts of the Vice President of Sales, Director(s) of Sales and the Sales Executives. The incumbent is responsible for selling and retaining employer group health benefits and agent certification to sell Covered California for Small Business (CCSB) products. This position reports to the Director of CCSB Sales & Eligibility and Enrollment.
- High School or equivalent degree required; Bachelors’ degree preferred, and one to two years of prior experience in health benefits or insurance agency environment, with employee benefits products background and knowledge preferred.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present features and benefits of small group health benefits with a high degree of confidence and credibility
- Comprehensive understanding of the small group insurance marketplace.
- Proficient in end-user computer software applications e.g. calendar, presentation, spreadsheet and word processing.
- Prior experience using an insurance data tracking software, mainly Salesforce.
- Prior experience working in a team environment required.
- Prior experience working in a sales and/or customer contact environment preferred.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Active Accident and Health license or able to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly throughout CA) up to 10% of the time.
Duties And Responsibilities
New Business Sales and Retention
- Achieve new member sales and member retention targets in his/her assigned region.
- Qualify direct employer sales opportunities for employers who prefer to self-enroll into employer direct portal from leads generated from CCSB marketing campaigns
- Develop strategies to cultivate Small Business sales opportunities (leads) that drive small business membership growth goals from employer direct sales.
- Actively work with Certified Insurance Agents to developed strategic sales presentations that position CCSB plans as the competitive solution for their group benefits clients.
- Review Agent and direct case submissions for completeness prior to delivery to the Eligibility team.
- Maintain a minimum of 100 outbound Cold Calls per week to develop agent generated quotes and sales opportunities.
- Discuss and document future CCSB sales opportunities as a means to develop a sales pipeline.
- Manage tasks and work independently to attain sales goals.
- Occasionally attend offsite sales related events and meetings.
Data and Reporting
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) tools to identify Agents that represent potential CCSB producers.
- Participate in the data analytics for PCMI’s CCSB team and assists in validating and continuous updating of workflow documentation with management.
- Facilitate the timely and accurate input and maintenance of required information in the software applications utilized by PCMI.
- Manage documents (i.e., scanning and attaching information into Sales Management System) and the execution of requested workflows.
- Document service issue/problem, research (through system documentation and interface with all required internal PCMI departments) and determine appropriate response/solution. Contact end user and provide the information requested or resolution to issues in a timely manner.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain an active CA insurance Accident and Health license.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California) up to 10% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to move around the office. The employee is often required to use tools, objects, and controls. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.